As summer comes to a close, we find ourselves looking back with gratitude (yes, over a glass of wine) on some lovely sipping and dining in these last two months. So this week, we bring you a photographic toast to our summer highlights.
Vineyard at Ravines Wine Cellars in New York’s Finger Lakes regions. Great dry Riesling!
Father’s Day. Dear Darling Spouse received this Brenne Whisky and monogrammed tumblers. Brenne, with its bubblegum aroma, is perfect after dinner sipper.
Pinot Noir Camp! Hosted by The Wine Shop of Minnetonka
Sparkling wine by Yorkville Cellars made an ordinary night on the patio more special
We are not reps for this product! We simply break lots of glasses and were delighted to discover TaZa! Highly recommend. Brining new elegance to plastic drink ware.
Our first stop at Surly Brewing Co. Fun dining at the Brewer’s Table. Beer drinking brought to a level of, dare we say it, elegance!
Wine blending at Judd’s Hill MicroCrush in Napa.
Discovered this lovely Viognier made by Rivino in Ukiah, a new Mendocino favorite.
A birthday celebration at Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis. Divine food, wine, service and ambiance. A home run! New favorite.
Our first try of Miraval, the rosé of famed proprietors, Brad and Angelina. Sipped at a local favorite, Vincent’s on Water.
Old favorite, Phyllis, a beautiful rosé of Pinot Noir by iOTA Cellars in Oregon.
A stop in Ukiah, CA to taste Jepson Brandy at Jaxon Keys Winery. So impressed we brought some home..
Pacifico + Legos = a great Friday night. (we can’t drink wine and act like grown ups ALL the time).
Phenomenal meal at Graham Elliot Bistro in Chicago’s West Loop. Best risotto we’ve ever had.
Hello Fable! Exquisite meal in San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood. Perfect table in the garden seating in back.
An anniversary dinner at Restaurant Alma in Minneapolis, a restaurant we’ve long adored but hadn’t been to in quite a while. Must return soon. Fabulous food, wine, service.
A new favorite, Phoebe, a charming central coast rosé by Kunin in Santa Barbara.
Opening the last of our 2006 Peter Michael Chardonnay for aforementioned anniversary. With scrumptiously buttery Alaskan King crab legs
- a stop in the Finger Lakes wine region to sip Ravines Wine Cellar’s lovely Dry Riesling,
- going to summer camp! (Pinot Noir camp, that is), at The Wine Shop of Minnetonka,
- finding a single malt, French whisky with a bubblegum aroma for Father’s Day that makes a perfect after dinner sipper. For the man who has everything. (Look for Brenne if you’d like some, too),
- discovering a new favorite Minneaoplis restaurant (Spoon and Stable) and re-discovering an old one (Restaurant Alma),
- continuing our quest for the perfect rosé,
- finally finding wine glasses we can’t break (yes, plastic. BPA free, as a matter of fact) AND that actually look elegant and don’t ruin the experience of sipping (hallelujah for TaZa‘s “drama free wine glasses”), which made our patio sipping time all the more enjoyable,
- blending our third vintage of Thirty Kitten Syrah with the wonderful crew at Judd’s Hill MicroCrush,
- delightful introductions to Graham Elliot Bistro in Chicago and Fable in San Francisco
- visiting Minneapolis’ Surly Brewing Company for the first time and discovering the beer can be elegant, too,
- and trying out local wineries in Mendocino’s Ukiah for the very first time (Thanks for the fun, Rivino and Jaxon Keys. We’ll be back!)
With summer days waning, we simply wanted to take a moment to savor what’s left of this glorious season, our favorite, and wish you a happy summer before it slips past us. Cheers from all of us here at The Thirsty Kitten!
If you’d like to keep up with our photo forays on a regular basis, follow us on Instagram.